Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

Default Protect from changing sheet name

That's pretty much what I was doing already. The problem is that a protected
sheet (password or not) can still have it's name changed. Hence, the
original question.

I password-protected the template, and then hid it. This allows them to
modify and rearrange all other sheets, which is most important to me. At
this point, if the template is changed at all, it can only be a malicous act.

Also, If I can get Paul's code to work, then I shouldn't have anymore
problems.

"only allow copying from your macro" - is this possible without protecting
the entire workbook?

"Pete" wrote:

Hiding is good (until the user discovers that) but you could
password-protect the sheet and only allow copying from your macro. In
your macro you could unprotect the template sheet, copy and rename the
sheet, then protect the template with a password again. If the user
knows how to view macros, then you might have to start
hiding/protecting the code as well.

Hope this helps.

Pete