Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default I type same words and it will not automatically repeat the word

Make note that "auto complete works only when the data is contiguous in one
column".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:03:12 -0000, "Philip Reece-Heal"
wrote:

I guess you need to select Options from the Tools menu. Then select the Edit
tab and check the 'Enable Auto Complete for cell values' box

Hope I have interpreted your problem correctly

Regards
Philip

"K@Betts" wrote in message
For some reason - I can not type the same word and have it automatically
come
up the next time when I enter it will not automatically come up. I must
of
lost that option some how. Please help