Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
charlilot

Default Changing source on multiple workbooks

We have one main workbook that the supervisor fills out that lists jobs,
times staff etc. I've just set up links to the daily worksheet workbooks
that automatically fill in which staff member is doing which jobs each
day.

But the problem is, the supervisor makes a copy and changes the name of
the main workbook weekly so that the sources for the other 7 workbooks
are now wrong.

I've shown him how to go editlinkschange source but he is
continuously forgetting how to do it and thinks this takes too long.
Does anyone know a macro that will automatically change the sources for
the other 7 workbooks using a command button on the main book? I began
designing a form which he can type the name of the new workbook from a
command button that simultaneously opens the 7 workbooks. But I have no
idea how to change source with information from a text box. Is this even
possible? I need to make this sheet as idiot-proof as possible which is
hard because I'm a pretty big idiot myself.

Sorry if this makes no sense but I'm far from an expert and he's
seriously driving me insane...

--
charlilot
charlilot's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m791