Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
sally

Default Getting a category x-axis to sort of "right-justify"

I am using a category x-axis and want to create the following effect:

The tick marks and labels should be spaced out such that the last tick
mark is at the right-most x value. That sounds obvious enough at
first, but the number of categories is variable and the user does not
want to see every category marked. He wants to see, for example, 1
tick mark every 10 values.

The first category label appears in the leftmost corner of the chart
but then marking every 10 values going across to the right will
sometimes wind up with the rightmost tick somewhat to the left of the
last value on the right.

I have been handling this programmatically and adjusting the number of
categories between ticks to space it the way he wants, but I was
wondering if anyone had any other ideas by setting the chart options.

Thanks for any help.

--
sally
sally's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m789