Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Referencing a Value in variable length columns.

The date would be

=MAX($A$1:$A$1000)

the value in say column D corresponding to that would be

=INDEX($D$1:$D$1000,MATCH(MAX($A$1:$A$1000),$A$1:$ A$1000,0))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi All, I apologize if this is not the right place, I believe this falls
under teh category if worksheet functions;

I have a SS I would like to reference a cell in a column which changes in
length. In this case, I would like to reference the most current date in

column.

Is there a simple method for doing this, as the data will routinely be
different lengths in that column.

Further, there is Data on the Horizontal that I would like to reference to
another cell in another sheet that would correspond to this date. Can

anyone
give any suggestions as to the best way to accomdate this?

Thank you for any suggestions and taking the time to read.

Regards,
Kevin