Debra Dalgleish

If you have Excel version 2002 or earlier, you can use the Subtotal
function to sum the cells that are visible after a filter has been
applied to a list. For example, =SUBTOTAL(9,A2:A200)
would sum the visible filtered cells in column A.

However, if you manually hide the rows, the SUBTOTAL function will sum
all the cells, including the hidden ones.

If you have Excel 2003, you can ignore values in filtered and manually
hidden rows, by changing the first argument in the SUBTOTAL function.
For example: =SUBTOTAL(109,A2:A200)
would sum only the visible cells in column A

LiquidFire wrote:
PLEASE HELP

I have a 30 page excel worksheet that I need to get a sum for. I have
hidden the cells that don't need to be included in the total, but I need to
keep them in the work- sheet. How do I calculate these cells without having
to delete them. I thought about copy/pasting them into another worksheet to
see if they would come without the hidden cells, but thought their had to be
an easier solution?

Please help...Thanks in Advance

--
Debra Dalgleish