Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Find data in one table from another.

Oops! I never read the first post, so B holds other data as well in the same
cell and if so is there any rule where A1 can be, is it first or last or
anywhere?

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
How about

=COUNTIF(CATALOG,A1)0

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"micmed" wrote in message
Thanks to Ron and Kostis. These worked with one caveat. Can the formula
be
modified so that only exact matches are returned. For example A1 is 602,
want it only to search for 602 and not $602.35 or CR602-12 etc.

"vezerid" wrote:

I think the solution is in a minor modification of Ron's formula. The
suggested formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A1,CATALOG)))=1

returns TRUE only if the code in A1 appears exactly once in CATALOG and
I suspect this is not the case. I suggest you modify to:

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A1,CATALOG)))<0

HTH
Kostis Vezerides