Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Moving Data

Soe each text file is exactly 175 lines long?

If yes, you can try:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim oCol As Long
Dim iRow As Long
Dim myStep As Long

Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")

myStep = 175
oCol = 1
With wks
For iRow = 177 To .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Step myStep
oCol = oCol + 2
.Cells(iRow, "A").Resize(myStep, 2).Cut _
Destination:=.Cells(1, oCol)
Next iRow
End With

End Sub

yanks6rule wrote:

The way I have a macro setup right now I can import multiple text files
into one worksheet. THe problem is it stacks it on top of one another
going down two columns. I want to make a second macro that will take
these two columns and break it into multiple columns so that each file
has its own unique two columns to do analysis on.

The code I tried writing was simple and was

Range("A177:B352").Select
Selection.Cut
Range("C1").Select
Selection.Paste
Range("A353:B528").Select
Selection.Cut
Range("E1").Select
Selection.Paste
Range("A529:B704").Select
Selection.Cut
Range("G1").Select
Selection.Paste
Range("A705:B880").Select
Selection.Cut
Range("I1").Select

and so on and so forth to move 14 different files from two columns to
28 columns. I get an error message that says Object doesn't support
this property or method. Is there any easier way of doing this or am I
missing something in my code.

Thanks
Bob

--