Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default summarise totals from many worksheets into one final worksheet

Are your totals always in the same cells in each worksheet. I like to put my
totals in Row 1--so I know where they are.

And then...

I'd create two new worksheets--one to the far right and one to the far left.

Call them Start and End

Then using a sheet (Summary) that is outside this "sandwich" of worksheets:

=Sum(start:end!A1)

Then you can drag sheets in and out of that sandwich to play what if games.

I'd put a couple of notes on each of these sheets:

"don't delete this sheet!"

And protect the worksheets so that people don't use it for real data.

NAAPS wrote:

I need to add totals from many worksheets onto one final Summary worksheet.
the formula I create is too long for Excel. is there a way to shorten the
formula eg using the SUM function + Shift or Control keys? I believe Lotus
is able to do this.

--

Dave Peterson