Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Looping in VB with cell ranges

"Freeman" wrote in message
I have a function that brings in four different cell ranges:
ie: Total(AccountRange As Range, DateRange As Range, etc...)

Within the VB function I have a For/Next Loop as follows:
ie: For Each cell in AccountRange
"multiple if statements"
Next cell

I want to increment the rows in the other cell ranges during the looping
process. When the AccountRange row increases during the "Next cell" call
then I want the other ranges to follow suit.

What exactly do you mean? You can get the row by simply using

cell.Row

but I am not clear as to what you mane by increment the rows in the other
cell ranges.

By the way what actually happens during the looping process for a range of
cells? If the range is 2 columns by 4 rows does the "Next cell" call go

down
the rows then jump to the top of the 2nd column and again proceed down the
rows??

No, other way. It goes across the columns, then down to the first column of
the next row.