Rob van Gelder

Pretty neat stuff with the ,,, business.

Just to add a layer of complexity...
There is 1024 bytes to a kilobyte
1024 kilobytes to a megabyte
1024 megabytes to a gigabyte

Though 1000 may well be close enough for the OP.

Brian,

I think you should be able to format as you wish and retain values for
summing.

For starters, but not quite what you want:

Sub FileFormat()
Dim sCustom As String, r as Range

For Each r In Selection
Select Case r.Value
Case Is = 10 ^ 9: sCustom = "#.###,,,"" Gb"""
Case Is = 10 ^ 6: sCustom = "#.###,,"" Mb"""
Case Is = 10 ^ 3: sCustom = "#.###,"" Kb"""
Case Else: sCustom = "###"" B"""
End Select
r.NumberFormat = sCustom
Next

End Sub

I'll leave you to adapt to your needs, say:
change the case values to adapt to your .5 & .75 etc
reduce the "###", or
remove the ".",
replace ### with ".5Kb" or whatever.
maybe change alignment a little with some spaces in the string
Add more case's to suit.

When done maybe you can put an event routine.

Regards,
Peter

"JustSomeGuy" wrote in message
I have a number which is the size of a file on disk.
Depending on the size of the number I want to display it as either
1.5KB, or 2.0MB or .75GB or .5TB

However I want to be able to add up all the numbers in that column as

normal
numbers and also format it the same way.

How do I do this.... I do know VB very well...

Brian.