Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bri

Default Ranking a list

Domenic
This works perfectly! However, it prints FALSE in the blank cells that
don't get a ranking. Do you know of a way to suppress this? (Printouts of
the results will be distributed, so it would be better if the word FALSE
wasn't seen)

Thanks, Bri

"Domenic" wrote in message
In that case, try the following formula instead...

=IF(A1<"",SUM(IF($A$1:$A$5<"",IF(A1<$A$1:$A$5,1/COUNTIF($A$1:$A$5,$A$1:
$A$5))))+1,"")

...confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Bri" wrote:

Thank you, Domenic

There is a small concern left that I didn't mention in my original post.
The formula you gave is to be copied down a table that has 30 rows. Your
formula works perfectly, but it 'ties' all the blank cells for 1st, then
ranks the remaining cells properly as requested, starting at 2nd. I was
hoping to rank cells with values including 0.0000, but NOT RANK any cells
that are blank. Is there a fix?

bty, the exact same thing happens in the solution posed bu Peo.

Thankyou, Bri