Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Default Ranking a list

In that case, try the following formula instead...

=IF(A1<"",SUM(IF($A$1:$A$5<"",IF(A1<$A$1:$A$5,1/COUNTIF($A$1:$A$5,$A$1:
$A$5))))+1,"")

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Bri" wrote:

Thank you, Domenic

There is a small concern left that I didn't mention in my original post.
The formula you gave is to be copied down a table that has 30 rows. Your
formula works perfectly, but it 'ties' all the blank cells for 1st, then
ranks the remaining cells properly as requested, starting at 2nd. I was
hoping to rank cells with values including 0.0000, but NOT RANK any cells
that are blank. Is there a fix?

bty, the exact same thing happens in the solution posed bu Peo.

Thankyou, Bri