Sandy Mann

Assuming that

11/26/04 48 Friday

is in A3:C3 then

=INT((A3-$A$3)/7)+1

entered in D3 and copied down gives me the week numbers you want.

Incidentally I got the names of the days of the week with the formula

=TEXT(A3,"dddd")

HTH

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Todd F." wrote in message
Thanks for reply but I may not have explained well enough - see below

where I
need the week column to tell me what wk I am in so if I satrt on friday

the
26th I then need to know when the week changes - My time runs about 20

weeks

I could start on any day or date - the person punches in the fill date and
my if statements build my time line for them.

Your formula did not work - thanks for the time.

Fill Date 11/26/04
Date CVFF WK Day week
11/26/04 48 Friday 1
11/27/04 48 Saturday 1
11/28/04 49 Sunday 1
11/29/04 49 Monday 1
11/30/04 49 Tuesday 1
12/01/04 49 Wednesday 1
12/02/04 49 Thursday 1
12/03/04 49 Friday 2
12/04/04 49 Saturday 2
12/05/04 50 Sunday 2
12/06/04 50 Monday 2
12/07/04 50 Tuesday 2
12/08/04 50 Wednesday 2
12/09/04 50 Thursday 2
12/10/04 50 Friday 3
12/11/04 50 Saturday 3
12/12/04 51 Sunday 3
12/13/04 51 Monday 3
12/14/04 51 Tuesday 3
12/15/04 51 Wednesday 3
12/16/04 51 Thursday 3

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Todd,

I may be misunderstanding your requirements but wigth your start date in

A1
would

=MIN(20,INT((TODAY()-A1)/7)+1)

give you what you want?

Regards

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Todd F." wrote in message
I have a tool where a beginning date is entered and then I need toi

calulate
number of weeks between my beginning date and whatever date we are at

for
the
next 20 weeks.

I need to round to whole number for the week. I am not interested in

the
excel calulated week of the yr - I need to do weeks (time ) between

the
user
specified start date and anygiven date up to the end of the 20 week

project.

I have been search excel pages all day but not seeing anything -

thanks
for
the help.

Todd Frisch