Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default How doI changes my row and column heading color?

Kyle

Perhaps you have to re-boot before changes will be seen.

Depends upon how you are set up PropertiesSettingsAdvancedCompatibility

I have mine set to "apply changes without re-starting"

Gord

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:37:01 -0800, "Kyle L. H."
wrote:

Gord,

I did that and nothing happen. This makes it hard for me to tell what cell
is active.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Kyle

That would depend upon your Windows Appearance Theme settings.

Sounds like you're using Windows Classic settings.

Right-click on Desktop and PropertiesThemes. Change to Windows XP to get the
orange row and column headings.

If not running Windows XP, try a different Theme until you get what you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:12:02 -0800, "Kyle L. H." <Kyle L. H.
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

Sorry if this is a very dumb question but, how do I change the color for the
row and column heading. The color in my excel is light blue and when I am in
a active cell it show the active cell two to three shades darker. I notice
that other users their active cell is orange. How do I got the orange color
for active cells?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP