Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple Text files into one worksheet-need help

I have multiple text files that I want to load into a microsoft excel
spread sheet. Here is how it goes, I have four folders each contains
about 20 data sets. I will have more, is there any way I can write a
macro to load these text files starting at row 19 into one worksheet.
Each data set contains two columns and about 250 rows. The file names
in a folder go up by experiment and number so it goes emi1.txt,
emi2.txt....then emi(2)1.txt, emi(2)2.txt and so on and so forth. If I
can even load one folder at a time that would be great, I tried
recording a macro but I would have to copy and paste and change the
file name and target cell over 60 times. Is there anyway I can do this
easily, and if possible have the filename be located on the first row?

Thanks
Bob