wal50

Thanks, I got it. You gave me the clue.
Double clicking on the field name got nothing. I had to set up the table
with a Count; select one of the cells and go to the field settings drop down
to change it to a sum; then drag it to the table. Then I got both.

They sure make it obscure.

Thanks again.

Wal50

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

wal50,
Just to make sure--have you Double-clicked on the Data Field of the
PivotTable and tried to change the Summarize By to Sum?

It sounds like your data is not actually formatted as Currency but as Text.
If so, you'll have to change this formatting in the Data Source or List that
you used to create the PivotTable from.

tj

"wal50" wrote:

I can't get a sum on a Currency formatted field in the table. I can get an
Item count. Suggestions are most welcome.

wal50