Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gabbon

Default how do I insert a cell based on its match with an adjacent cel

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have a table with three headings (could be more soon), and a sub-entry
under each heading.
I also have a row in which those headings appear occasionally. I am looking
for a way to enter the sub-entry of those headings in the row underneath at
every point at which those three headings appear.
(This is pretty much the style of the Word mail merge operation).
Can you point me in the right direction? Or any direction--I have looked
through help and can't locate where to find the answer
Thanks,
Gabbon

"Biff" wrote:

Need a better more detailed explanation.

The more details you provide, the easier it is to find a solution!

Biff

"Gabbon" wrote in message
There's got to be a way to do this (mail merge style perhaps...)
I would like to insert the entry/ies under a heading in a table in one
worksheet whenever that heading matches the data entered in a separate
worksheet.
Presently I can find no way to do this in Excel.
Please can you suggest a way to do this...
Thanks