Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Default Multiple Variables in a Commission Structure...a tough one!!!

Something seems to be wrong. Can you specify what the numbers are at each
step? Also, if A is 1000 and you sum a - f, how are you coming up with 212.5?
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Oriana G" wrote:

Here's my problem, I'm trying to create a worksheet to calculate our
commsiion structure, but can't figure out a way to attack it. We have many
variables (5) in our commission structure based on each order. Here's how I
set it up so far:

(In Cloumns)
A= Order Amount
B= "Y" is A-15%; "N"=A
C= "Y" is B*20%; "N" is B*10%
D= "Y" is B+2%; "N" is B
E= "Y" is B+2%; "N" is B
F="Y" is B+1%; "N" is B
G= SUM(A:F)

For example, if the order is $1000, and I answer y,y,y,y,y=$212.5

How do I create the formulas so I can just put in the order amount and the
appropriate letter to get the correct commission structure?