Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Boon8888

Default Use of Indirect function to fetch data from another Excel file

Hi, my title probably explains it all. I'm having trouble getting the
indirect function to fetch data from another Excel file when the path
is given in another cell.

Basically I have column in my spreadsheet that computes the path and
desired cell of another Excel file of which to grab the data from.

So say column B has a whole bunch of cells that have *values* like:

'\\server\folder1\[example.xls]sheet1'!C7