Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

Default How do I change column size for lower half of sheet?

Why don't you start out by changing *all* your column widths to something
like 2.

That gives you a graph paper effect, where you can more exactly and
accurately place your text.
Then, when you hide the grid lines and define your borders, you'll get a
display that should be closer to your target appearance.
--
HTH,

RD

"Varsil" wrote in message
Thank you all for your quick responses.

I had to go with the "Format the upper portion of the spreadsheet so that
thye grid lines do not appear and allow the text to spill over" approach.
Eventually I will figure out how to embed other sheets so the grid can be
displayed the way I choose, as Leith Ross suggests, but I will live with

what
I am able to do now.

Thank you all again for your help!