Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Default xlstart

Hi Jack,
One point that was not mentioned is that the personal.xls
workbook is normally hidden so that the macros in it can be
used by other workbooks without having to specify the
workbookname. Unfortunately that does not apply to UDF
(User Defined Functions) as well (maybe fortunately from
Microsoft's viewpoint in debugging). All files in the XLSTART
directory will be opened by Excel.
---
HTH,

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote in message ...
Jack

How do you know it is not opening?

You have macros assigned to buttons and when you click you get error message?

Perhaps it is opening "hidden".

WindowsUnhide. Is it there?

If not, hit HelpAbout Microsoft ExcelDisbled Items.

Has it been disabled? If so try enabling.

Second point......you should, for safety's sake, keep your security on "medium".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:21:09 -0800, "Jack"
wrote:

A week ago, the personal workbook under xlstart folder was opening when I
start excel. it has all my macros that I use. I dont know what happened but
it stopped opening the personal workbook on startup. My macro security is on
Low.

I don't know what is happening. Can anyone help...