Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Problems with columns "sorting"

can't you use =countif() and set the criteria to that key value on the same row?

mpanty wrote:

Hi Dave. That would work if my functions were simply returning *values
*from the other sheet, but they are actually performing
*calculations*.

Namely to find out the number of games a team has played, I use the
COUNTIF function, to find out their number of wins, the SUMPRODUCT
function, and the number of goals, the SUMIF function etc. I can't
replace them with VLOOKUP and INDEXMATCH, even if I wanted to...

The temporary solution I'm using right now is to copy just the values
the rankings table gives me, to another table right below, and thus
with a table of only values ranking is very easy. But it's kind of
cumbersome...

--
mpanty
mpanty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21377