Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nav

Default Datevlaue function/ day/month/year function

Hello Andy

Thanks for your suggestions, but is does not appear to work.

If I type =a2+1 then it still returns the #value. (if the day is more than
12) eg.01/20/05 = #value.

However if the date is 1/12/05 then it returns 2nd Dec 05, whereas it should
be 13th Jan 05.

I also tried the Data/Text to col but it still has no effect. Is there
anything further I can try.

Thanks in advance.

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

Are the 'US dates' actual Excel dates? If you type
=A2+1
(assuming the 'date' is in A2) does it give you 01/21/06?
You could try selecting the column, go to Data/Text to columns and use the
wizard. On the third page you can select (in the top right corner) that it
is a date - and its format.
Make sure you backup your data before you start.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Nav" wrote in message
Hello

My PC is set up as UK region and hence displays dates as 20/01/06.
However
I have a spreadsheet sent from the US formatted as general and reflects
01/20/06 as the date. I am trying to use a vlookup where the dates match,
have tried format cells, date dd-mm-yy but this does not work it still
shows
01/20/06.

I have also tried to use datevalue, day, month, year functions (as a
serial
number) and then looking up those values. However they all return #value.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can convert this date to UK date format?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.