Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Bill Ridgeway

Default password for excel document

Try using Google (or similar) searching on -

password cracker excel

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Melody" wrote in message
Thanks. where can I get the utlities which will let me know the password
??

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

I've only just spotted this thread so apologies if I am off tack.

If you have a problem with a password, you could get one of several
utilities which will let you know the password on a particular file.
That's
why password protection of excel and Word files are just not strong
enough
protection!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Melody" wrote in message
could you tell me why? thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Check your caps lock key. Passwords are case sensitive.

Melody wrote:

i put a password on an excel document this afternoon. but right now,
couldn't open it again. i am pretty sure that i have benn using the
same
password. Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--

Dave Peterson