Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gish

Default Adding Values from Formulas

That works, however it will not recalculate when the original values are
changed. The cells will be blank and then different people will fill in their
numbers to get their scores. I need it to be able to recalculate each time
the value is changed. Is there a way to do this?

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Are you using the SUM() function that is returning a 0?

If so, your data might be formatted as text. Try copying an empty cell,
selecting the range of values you're trying to sum and "Paste Special"-Add
to turn them into numbers.
Dave

"gish" wrote:

I'm sure there is a very easy way to do this, but right about now my brain is
fried.\
I have a column of values that are the results of formulas. These values
are scores based on the criteria set in each formula. I now need to add the
scores and come up with a total score. I keep returning a "0". Any ideas?
Thanks!