PR

Jean,
that works, I had to change the semicolon for a comma. this has brought the
days out, but how will I do this for a week period.

Paul

"Jean Ruch" wrote in message

"Jean Ruch" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Hallo Paul,

I understood you differently from Lance.
To make your chart, instead of taking a series of NUMBERS 1,2,3,

for
your x Axis, take real DATES
(01.01.2004, 02.01.2004, etc )
Make a stacked column chart of your data's including the row headers
p1, p2, p3 etc...

Hello Paul,

To make the TABLE on which your chart is based:

Assuming your Entry "p1" is located in A5; "p2" in A6; "p3" in A7
etc...
and correspondingly the first day of work in Column B
the last day of work in Column C,
This whole basic Data beeing in the Range A5:C9

make a Date series in the Range F 10: AJ 10
(for ex. beginning with 01.01.2004 in F10 and ending with 31.01.2004 in
AJ 10 )

Put the following Formula in F11

=IF(F$10<$B5; ""; IF(F$10$C5;"";1))

copy and insert it on all the concerned cells.

be cautious about the semicolon (german Excel); may be it is different
for you ?

regards

Jean