Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Becks

Default Display unique data only

Hi Bob - The data is set up as follows:

ColA ColB ColC
Ref No Name Start Date
123 Bloggs 01/04/05
123 Bloggs 18/12/05
321 Jones 01/04/05

The ref number for each person is always the same. So going off the example,
i just want to show rows 1 & 3, as row 2 is a duplicate. I entered the
formula in Col A, and copied it down, I changed the Col ref in the formula
and did the same in Col B and it worked but when i tried it in the date
column it didn't work. I'ts probably just me doing something wrong, hopefully
this explains it better.

Thanks for your time.

Becks
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Becks,

Does the same name have the same ref? If so no problem, if not do we
uniquify on name, or name and ref? Then do you want latest date or earliest
date if we still get dups?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Becks" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, this works fine for the ref number and name, but people do

have
the same start date, any ideas?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

On the second sheet

A1: = Sheet1!A1
A2: =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(A$1:A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$ 20&""),0)),"",

INDEX(IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20),"",Sheet1!$A$1 :$A$20),MATCH(0,COUNTIF(A$
1:A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20&""),0)))

which is an array formula, it should be comnmitted with

Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
not just Enter. Copy A2 down to some point beyond the last item (to

cater
for extras).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Becks" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet, and on the first sheet i have various client

data.
avoid having to re-enter some of the data on sheet two, I have entered
formulas to pull it through from sheet 1. It is pulling through, ref
number,
name, and a start date. It is likely that some people could appear

more
than
once, but I only want them to show once on sheet 2. I have tried to

use
advanced filter, but it is looking at the formula rather than the

result,
so
it is not filtering out the repeated data. Is there anything i can do

get
round this, I have to get it finished for next week and i am starting

panic! Please help!

Thanks

Becks