Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mmiissttyy

Default How do I keep a fraction as entered (leave 12/20 not 3/5)?

Thanks -that's exactly what I want - only I don't know how to get that
formatting into Excel. How do I change the bottom ?? into 20? Am I in the
right place by going to Format...Cells...Custom ?

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Try this:

# ??/20

--

HTH,

RD

"mmiissttyy" wrote in message
I found # ??/?? under 'custom' but that did not work. Is there some other
way I can format the cell as ??/?? as you say? ~ Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Format the cell as ??/??

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"mmiissttyy" wrote in message
I need to have fractions show up as I enter them (12/20, 13/20, 15/20).

Is
there any way to keep Excel from changing those that can be (i.e. 12/20

3/5)?