Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Becks

Default Display unique data only

Thanks Bob, this works fine for the ref number and name, but people do have
the same start date, any ideas?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

On the second sheet

A1: = Sheet1!A1
A2: =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(A$1:A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$ 20&""),0)),"",
INDEX(IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20),"",Sheet1!$A$1 :$A$20),MATCH(0,COUNTIF(A$
1:A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20&""),0)))

which is an array formula, it should be comnmitted with Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
not just Enter. Copy A2 down to some point beyond the last item (to cater
for extras).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Becks" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet, and on the first sheet i have various client data.

avoid having to re-enter some of the data on sheet two, I have entered
formulas to pull it through from sheet 1. It is pulling through, ref

number,
name, and a start date. It is likely that some people could appear more

than
once, but I only want them to show once on sheet 2. I have tried to use
advanced filter, but it is looking at the formula rather than the result,

so
it is not filtering out the repeated data. Is there anything i can do to

get
round this, I have to get it finished for next week and i am starting to
panic! Please help!

Thanks

Becks