Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Default 16 digits

Yeah real big secret what 16 digits are for, and who is being
watched, bet they can't wait for all the extra rows and columns
in Excel 12.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message ...
Gee! FBI is using Excel, no wonder they do so many mistakes. <bg

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Jane" wrote in message
Actually someone else asked me today, and I didn't know there was a 15
digit
limitation, so I was curious on my own. I showed her how to format it to
be
text, but she said she needed for them to be numbers.

She works for the FBI, and she couldn't tell me why she needs it, except
that they also need to get imported into Access later.

Thanks to all for the answers, and I hope I never need to calculate
numbers
that big!

Jane

"Dave O" wrote:

Jane, you're saying you do, in fact need to do math on those numbers?
Do you work at JPL? What are you doing?!