Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Auto hide/Unhide columns

Hi

Try marking the range of columns you want to group, then Alt+Shift+right
arrow.
You will then see a - sign above the column headers. Click it and the
columns will be hidden, and the sign will change to a +
Alt+Shift+left arrow will ungroup them.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Vespaguy" wrote in message
Several years ago I worked on a spreadsheet that had hidden columns.
These
columns could be hid or unhid by clicking on something near the column
header. This was very nice for very wide spreadsheets that had
particular
sections that one wanted to view. It was like being able to fold and
unfold
the sheet to view just specific parts of the sheet, but I didn't have
to go
to 'tools' 'hide', and it was very visually clear where the hidden
areas were.
I've never seen this function on anther spreadsheet, and I've never
managed
to find anything in help that describes what I saw.
Anybody have any idea what I am talking about?