Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wngzro07

Default How do I count just the subtotals in Excel?

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the quick response. I'm such a newbie that I don't fully
understand the formula below. Perhaps this specific subset of data can help
as below is exactlly what i have. How do i get a formula to count the number
of customers that have subtotal values of greater than $1000? Thanks in
advance for your help!

Customer Name Date Contract Value
AAA 12/31/2005 $500
AAA 12/31/2005 $675
AAA Total $1175
ABBOTT LABORATORIES 12/31/2005 $150
ABBOTT LABORATORIES 12/31/2005 $200
ABBOTT LABORATORIES 12/31/2005 $250
ABBOTT LABORATORIES 12/31/2005 $300
ABBOTT LABORATORIES Total $900

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Here's a formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(RIGHT(A1:A23,5)="Total"),--(RIGHT(A1:A23,11)<"Grand
Total"),--(B1:B23=100))

--

HTH

RP

"Wngzro07" wrote in message
I've got a worksheet that summarizes customer, date, and contract number
(over 9000 rows). I can get subtotals by using the Subtotal function of
Excel. However, I also need to count how many (within the subtotals only)

are
over, under, or equal to say $100. Have looked all over and can't seem to
find a formula that ONLY counts the subtotals. All formulas seem to count
within the 9000 rows. Please help!