Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Default Get different numbers to return text??

For column c, I think I know what you are looking for. Try this.

=IF(OR(LEFT(A1,3)*1={110,111,112,113,114,115,315,3 30,410,411}),"case
5","")

One of your issues is that the LEFT function will return the 110 as
text so I multiplied it by 1 to turn it into a numeric value.
Otherwise, your numbers in the {} would need to have quotations around
each.

This way you can use another IF statement to accomodate for case 6 and
not run into the problem of too many nested statments.

Does that help?

Steve

--
SteveG