Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcus Ricci

Default Can I rotate data in Excel table (rows to columns, and vv)?

you guys are PHENOMENAL!

i remember the "paste special" transpose function now, but had forgotten it.
i didn't know about the worksheet transpose function, though. it's a shame
that it doesn't show in the help section under "rotate data" or "rotate
table", but only under "transpose." it really IS all about language, even in
numbers.

marcus

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There's also a worksheet function you could use:

=transpose()

Say you want to transpose A1:B5, you could select C1:G2 and type:
=transpose(a1:b5)
but hit shift-ctrl-enter to do the work.

Dave Peterson wrote:

Depending on the number of rows you're using--since there's only 256 columns to
work with.

Select your range to Transpose.
find a nice open spot that doesn't touch that original range (a new sheet???)
Edit|paste special|check the Transpose box and hit ok.

Marcus Ricci wrote:

Is there a way - without using PivotTable - to rotate data in an Excel table:
rows become columns and columns become rows? I wouldn't mind cutting and
pasting, or macros, or anything else.

--

Dave Peterson

--