FBB

Default How to write a "Text" or date custom format

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet which would automate my weekly reports. My
book would contain 5 sheets (sheet1 being the report, and sheet2 to 5 would
be the weekly data). In some instances, I want to report that a dated event
(action item, expiration, schedule) is occuring on the date referenced on the
appropriate sheet. In other cases, if not data is present, or if the data
doesn't meet certain conditions, I want instead a Text String to be displayed
(i.e N/A, Pending, Past Due, etc...).

Is there a way to do this without using visual basic? Can it be done with
Custom Cell Formatting, and conditional statements?

I really appreciate the help??

Sincerely,

FBB