Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
manse

Default VLOOKUP using date problem

Thanks Niek,

It seems as though the problem does lie with the 'system.'

My regional settings in my Control Panel are English (United Kingdom)
and the spreadsheet was created on my computer using this setting. The
setting of my colleague is English (United States) so when his copy of
the spreadsheet sees 10/03/2003, it returns the values for the 3rd
October instead of 10th March.

For obvious reasons I am not keen to change my regional settings
'globally' on my computer but I wonder if there is a way to test this
(all the results point toward this being the problem).

Example:

I enter 8-Mar-02 and my US colleague gets results for 3-Aug-02

I enter 26-Jun-03 and my US colleague gets #VALUE! (as there is no 26th
month)

Since most people using this spreadsheet will be in the US, I would
then like to be able to re-create the spreadsheet in 'US format' so it
works correctly for them.

Many thanks again for your help with this.

--
manse
manse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22866