Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian Edmont

Default Moving data between worksheets ...

Thanks for that Martin, it worked fine however it leaves the rows on
Sheet1 in place.

Is there a way to delete the rows from Sheet1 after they have been
transferred to JanArchive?

Many thanks.

Ian Edmont.

Martin Fishlock wrote:

Try this:

Option Explicit

Const csz_dst_sheet As String = "JanArchive"
Const csz_src_sheet As String = "Sheet1"

Sub movedata()
Dim wsd As Worksheet 'dst worksheet
Dim wss As Worksheet 'src worksheet
Dim rd As Long ' dst row
Dim rs As Long ' src row

Set wsd = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_dst_sheet)
Set wss = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(csz_src_sheet)

'find last row on dst
rd = 2
While wsd.Cells(rd, 1) < ""
rd = rd + 1
Wend

rs = 2
While wss.Cells(rs, 1) < ""
If wss.Cells(rs, 2) < "" Then
wss.Rows(rs).Copy Destination:=wsd.Rows(rd)
rd = rd + 1
End If
rs = rs + 1
Wend
Set wss = Nothing
Set wsd = Nothing
End Sub
'------------
--
HTHs Martin

"Ian Edmont" wrote:

Hi,

Wonder if someone can help me please?

I have a sheet in a workbook called "Sheet1" (please see
www.iedmont.blogspot.com/) and what I am trying to do is move all rows
that contain a date into a separate sheet within the workbook called
"JanArchive".

"JanArchive" already contains archived entries and I would like to
combine the data from "Sheet1" with the data from "JanArchive".

Can anyone offer any suggestions how to do this please?

Many thanks for your time.

Ian Edmont.