Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default How do you use countif for values in every four cell in a row

I could not get it to work for me. I can use the COUNTIF if the columns
are
side by side. I can't get it to work when I checking every 4th column.
Any
other idea

Forget about Countif in this case unless you want to string a bunch of them
together like this:

=COUNTIF(C4,0)+COUNTIF(G4,0)+etc,etc.

When you say you could not get it to work, what exactly does that mean?

You want to count how many cells contain 0 right? Not how many cells are
blank, right?

Are you sure the 0's are numbers and are not TEXT?

Biff

"Ring eye" wrote in message
Biff,
I could not get it to work for me. I can use the COUNTIF if the columns
are
side by side. I can't get it to work when I checking every 4th column.
Any
other idea

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(C4:S4)+1,4)=0),--(ISNUMBER(C4:S4)),--(C4:S4=0))

Biff

"Ring eye" wrote in message
How do you use COUNTIF to check certain cells in a row that have a
value
of
zero.
cell C4, cell G4, cell K4, cell O4, cell S4, ....etc