Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How do I show a bigger gap between non equadistant dates in Excel

Make sure that the values are interpreted by Excel as numerical dates, and
not just labels. Normally if Excel recognizes dates in the category range,
it will automatically select the time scale axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
om...
Convert the x-axis to a 'time scale.' Select the chart, then select
Chart | Chart Options... | Axes tab. In there, set the Category (X)
axis to 'Time-scale'.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , "=?
Utf-8?B?R3JhY2UgUG9vbGU=?=" <Grace
says...
I am so frustrated! I am trying to enter data that has 3 different dates
not
equally distant and want to show on the associated chart that there is a
bigger gap between 1 and 2 (5 months) than between 2 and 3 (one month).
Can
anyone please help.