Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Boethius1

Default Fixing a formula

Thanks that worked a treat.

---------------------:)

Andrew Houghton Wrote:
change it to this:

=VLOOKUP(D10,'C:\New Code Set
up\[gcodenewsetupcopy.xls]Sheet1'!$C$4:$O$81,4,FALSE)

The dollar sign indicates the absolute reference for each part of a
reference it prefixes. In the instance I have supplied the row and
column
are now fixed.

Andy
"Boethius1"
wrote
in message

I have the following equation, it is looking up in another worksheet

and
pulling through information when it finds a match in second file

from
cell d in first file.

=VLOOKUP(D10,'C:\New Code Set
up\[gcodenewsetupcopy.xls]Sheet1'!C4:O81,4,FALSE)

This is working but when i copy the equation down a few rows the
equation changes to this and it should still be looking at Sheet 1

C4
to O81.

=VLOOKUP(D14,'C:\New Code Set
up\[gcodenewsetupcopy.xls]Sheet1'!C8:O85,4,FALSE)

I know i need to fix part of the equation but don't know how or

which
bit.

Please help!

--