Jim Rech

Search on the key "VBAOff" in the registry. When its value is set to 1
under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common and/or the equivalent HKLM
key I get the same message as you cited opening an Excel file with macros in
it. If that's not it I don't have any other ideas short of VB itself not
being installed (I think this is an admin install option).

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
om...