Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
maxtrixx

Default Launch new browser window from an excel web page

Hal did you find a solution for this? I'm running into the same situation.

Thanks!

"Hal Anderson" wrote:

I am publishing an excel file to the web using the Excel Publishing feature -
works great (I am not a programmer). However, I have links within the
spreadsheet that I'd like to open a NEW browser window when the link is
selected from the published Excel browser window... Make sense? In other
words, when a link is selected from the published Excel browser window, I
don't want it to replace the Excel browser window, but open a new window.

Is there a command I can append to the URL in the Excel field (or some other
approach) so that a new browser window will open when the link is selected?
I've looked at a web page that opens a new browser window when a certain link
is selected and it has the following format: <a href="http://www.yahoo.com"
TARGET="_Top", however I don't know how to embed this type of command in
Excel...

Thank you ahead of time.

Hal