Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Default Can I develop a macro to add blank rows to a list in Excel?

The subroutine that follows assumes that the data you are working with
resides in Sheet1, that the values that determine line insertions are in
column H and that the data has been previously sorted by column H

Sub InsertLine()

Dim wb As Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim varVal1 As Variant
Dim varVal2 As Variant

Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
Set ws = wb.Worksheets("Sheet1")
ws.Activate
Range("H1").Select

varVal1 = ActiveCell.Value
varVal2 = ActiveCell.Offset(1).Value

Do Until varVal1 = ""
If varVal1 < varVal2 Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1).Select
varVal1 = ActiveCell.Value
varVal2 = ActiveCell.Offset(1).Value
Loop

Set wb = Nothing
Set ws = Nothing

Kevin Backmann

"csimont" wrote:

I have a list containing thousands of rows to which I would like to add blank
rows between varied groups of rows. I've tried developing macros to make
quick work of this tedious job but I don't know the statement I need to
develop to work similiar to a subtotal action. The point at which I would
like to add a row is when there is a change in a certain column. I do not
need a subtotal but I do need a blank line added at every change. Is this
even possible or do I add each blank line manually using shortcuts on my
keyboard?