Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nastech

Default Date Format problem

Hi, I am trying to use a box where notes & a Date are kept.
Looking for the best way to setup, not good at dates

cell formated as general, If a date is present it will be as:
:yymmdd or 060510

had cond. format eq like:
IF(AND(AK9<1,LEFT(T9,2)=":0"),MID(T9,2,6)-5$T$7),

where T9 is the text cell working in, for future date is within 5 days of a
cell where was trying to put todays date $T$7, e.g.: 060101
Is there a text variable have to apply, guesse would rather not have to use
a separate cell for todays date. PS the face you see in my equation is not
fred.
Its barney. thanks in advance.