Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default (Visually Appealing) Scientific Notation on the Y-Axis

You should put different topics in different threads.

Make your chart with a single series, then double click the series, and on
the Options tab, check the Vary Colors by Point box. This format each point
individually, with its own legend entry. This only works in charts with one
series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"nima" wrote in message

Regarding the dynamic graphing: I have upto 6 series of data. I plot a
bar graph using the mean of each group, and use the calculated standard
error as the error. The way I am doing it, each bar/column is its own
series. I did it this way to make the legend show what each column
represents. My problem is that I don't always utilize all the series,
so my legend shows entries identifying some series that are not
actually being graphed, see picture.

I want it to automatically graph the columns that have data. I
understand that this may be possible I graph it as one series, but can
I still have each column associated with a name in the legend?

Nima

|Filename: graph.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4225 |

nima