Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default corrupt program or file? How to tell? Or is it operator error?

Dave Peterson wrote:

What it looks like to me is that the user (your mom or one of her co-workers)
has sorted the data. But instead of sorting all the data, they only sorted a
part (maybe a single column).

Is it possible to have the program set so that it sorts automatically
when it is opened?

She doesn't usually intentionally sort until she does teh quartly
reports. Then she has to sort by city since the grants come from a few
different cities, and they want to know how many people from their city
were helped.

During the rest of the time, she has them in alphabetical order to make
it easier to enter names.

Thanks again. I am printing both replies. I think they did get a book
that was excel for dummies, but it is up to my mom to teach the other
two. Kind of the blind leading the blind. (And up to me to fix the
problems when it gets bad).