Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fpd833

Default "Between" function?

No go, this wont work unless the QScore in ColD is an exact match to the low
or high end of the range.

In the example I provided, the person received a QScore of 3.56
(ColD)....this is between 3.01 and 4.0 (ColA and ColB) so it should return
the number 4 from ColC in to ColE.

Thank you for the help Bob!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

How about

=VLOOKUP(D2,A1:C6,3)

--
HTH

RP
"fpd833" wrote in message
Is there such a thing? I'm working on a spreadsheet with a scoring matrix
that looks like this:

A B C D E
Low High Score QScore EndScore
0 1.00 1 3.56 4
1.01 2.00 2
2.01 3.00 3
3.01 4.00 4
4.01 5.00 5

Col A is the low end of the range, Col B is the high end of the range. I'm
looking to take D2, compare it to the table above and return the

appropriate
score from Col C into Col E. So essentially I am looking to take the value

in
Col D, find out which range it falls within, and return the appropriate

value
from Col C. I can't seem to find a function that will allow me to take the
value from Col D, find which range it's "between" and return the right

value.
Make sense? Thanks in advance for your help.