Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Return a specified date when it falls within a range....

Use VLOOKUP:

If your data is in cols A,B,C and the target is in F1 then
=VLOOKUP(F1,A1:C3,3,TRUE) will return the desired value.
--
Gary's Student

"Nokose451" wrote:

Hello all. I hope someone can help me figure this one out. So here we
go....

I have a spread sheet that you plug in a date and then enter another
date manually. The second date is the on I would like to automate. I
need the first date to be complared in a range of dates and then return
the effective date.

Example:
Entered date - 01/08/2006

Range Table: Effective:
01/01/2006 - 01/05/2006 01/05/2006
01/06/2006 - 01/10/2006 01/10/2006
01/11/2006 - 01/15/2006 01/15/2006

I would like it to return the 01/10/2006 effective date for that range.
Any help is appreciated.

--
Nokose451
Nokose451's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30528