Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Name Drop-Down Box

I read your question as asking how to get to A1 of the current sheet without
scrolling right or left or up or down.

But you meant you want to go to A1 of any sheet by selecting the name that's
assigned to A1 of that sheet.

I don't know a way of expanding the Namebox, but you could use a floating
toolbar:

http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
from Debra Dalgleish's site.

Modify this portion:

With ctrl
.Width = 300
.AddItem "Click Refresh First"
.OnAction = ThisWorkbook.Name & "!changethesheet"
.Tag = "__wksnames__"
.DropDownLines = 50 '<--added
End With

And change this portion:

If wks Is Nothing Then
Call RefreshTheSheets
MsgBox "Please try again"
Else
wks.Select
wks.Range("a1").Select '<-- added
End If

cbh35711 wrote:

I know how to create a name, that wasn't my question...
A1 isn't what i'm looking for, it's to travel to any sheet in my file,
without having to scroll left and right, on the bottom, or up and down
on the names list. I want to make the names list list more names than
it does now.
Anyone know how?

Thanks,

Chris